Challenger Center honors Viper students
Candidate spotlight; Debbie McIntosh
Gray visits Hazard in Senate race
Motorcycle stunt championship coming to Hazard
Fiscal Court awarded $22,100 in County Road Aid
- Challenger Center honors Viper students - 2:42 pm
- Candidate spotlight; Debbie McIntosh - 2:30 pm
- Gray visits Hazard in Senate race - 2:06 pm
- Big Ideas Fest for Appalachia: - 12:43 pm
- Motorcycle stunt championship coming to Hazard - 11:31 am
- Beshear’s Statement on Supreme Court of Kentucky Ruling in Higher Ed Case - 10:52 am
- Unemployment rates down in 82 Kentucky counties in August 2016 - 10:40 am
- Fiscal Court awarded $22,100 in County Road Aid - 10:37 am updated: 2:09 pm.
- Job fairs set for Sept. 30 - 10:32 am
- Court Reports - 10:24 am
- Hazard natives give back to students - 4:13 pm
- Feltner awarded - 9:58 am
- Controversy surrounds house fire - 1:27 pm updated: 1:40 pm.
- Student Senate leads Appalachian Renaissance Initiative - 1:24 pm
- Correction - 8:30 am
- Scenes from Black Gold 2016 - 5:29 pm updated: 5:29 pm.
- The Big Dip Redux volunteer project draws volunteers concerned about water quality - 4:25 pm
- Keila Miller is HCTC’s new Workforce Solutions Director - 4:19 pm
- HCTC’s first CDL graduating class - 4:17 pm
- Corbin artist’s second Black Gold - 2:32 pm
- Candidate spotlight; Doug Campbell - 2:15 pm updated: 3:32 pm.
- Community Choir seeks members - 1:29 pm
- One cop’s kindness - 1:28 pm
- Perry turns gold for child cancers - 1:17 pm
- Fiscal Court meeting - 12:39 pm
- Woman charged with animal cruelty - 10:37 am
- ARH’s web-services return to normal - 10:37 am
- Black Gold Parade - 10:27 am
- 2 wrecks; 2 fatalities - 12:17 pm updated: 11:02 am.
- Rewarding Failure - 3:09 pm
- Bridge dedicated to local couple - 2:48 pm
- Mayor Proclaims September National Recovery Month - 2:23 pm
- Teen charged with attempted murder - 1:37 pm
- Results of EKY work study released - 1:36 pm
- Court Reports - 12:26 pm
- No Sunday alcohol in Perry - 12:25 pm
- Rotary gets grant for Imagination Library - 9:35 am
- Paranormal events Saturday in Vicco - 9:32 am
- Goodyear Blimp flies over Perry County - 11:09 am
- Cash Express honors Perry County first responders - 12:45 pm
- Law enforcement honored by festival - 9:45 am updated: 9:45 am.
- Day promoted to Captain - 2:58 pm
- Sandlin promoted to KSP #9 Captain - 2:36 pm
- Vicco Bash goes on; fireworks cancelled - 1:21 pm
- Eastern Kentucky Economic Development Summit set for Sept. 13 - 1:15 pm
- Fed Bank president visits Hazard - 1:06 pm
- Computer virus shuts down ARH’s web-services - 12:54 pm
- HCTC student nominated for IBMA’s Bluegrass Broadcaster of the Year award - 12:42 pm
- HCTC music students win contest; open for Sammy Kershaw - 12:35 pm
- KRCC filmmakers focus on recovery - 11:56 am
Contract cases* Elizabeth Ryan Smith vs. David G. Brashear.* Synchrony Bank vs. Jamie Allen.* Midland Funding vs. Ruby Caudill.* Great American Financ...
LEXINGTON— The Kentucky Rural Health Association (KRHA), which is dedicated to improving the health status of rural Kentuckians through educatio...
Controversy surrounds house fire
MACES CREEK — The Childers home burned beyond repair on the afternoon of Sept. 20. Rescue crews were dispatched to the scene in Maces Creek, wit...
Student Senate leads Appalachian Renaissance Initiative
Kicking off year three of the regional program of excellence, thirty-four students from across eastern Kentucky were inducted on August 26 into the Ap...
The Hazard Herald originally reported that the Visions in Vicco event on Sept. 17 would accept donations for the Little Flower Clinic. Donations were ...
Commodores outlast Tigers
The Perry Central Commodore soccer team finished up their week on the road at Paintsville. The Tigers held a late lead, but the Commodores managed a p...
Commodores roll past Engineers
Early last week, the Perry Central Commodore soccer team headed to Estill County to take on the Engineers. The Commodores took control of the game fro...
Bulldogs cruise past Cavaliers
On Friday, the Hazard Bulldog (4-1) football team traveled to Jenkins (0-4) to take on the Cavaliers.The contest did not offer much in the way of comp...
Hazard shuts out Wolfe
Last week, the Hazard Lady Bulldog volleyball team played host to the Wolfe County Lady Wolves. The Lady Bulldogs were able to fend off a scrappy Lady...
Bulldogs split week on the pitch
The Hazard Bulldog soccer team took to the pitch for a pair of games this week. The Bulldogs fell in their first game, but rallied for a big win to en...
HHS Open HouseHazard High School will host OPEN HOUSE for the 1st 9 week grading period on September 21, 2016 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Midterm report cards...
Come and See Night at the Catholic ChurchDo you have questions about the Catholic faith? Are you looking for a church family? On Wednesday, Sept. 14 a...
The Deceitfullness Of Pride
Pride in a man’s heart is a seed bed which produces many a foul fruit. I will mention a few: “Arrogance,” (Proverbs 8:13), “Co...
Napier-Pollard ReunionThe 27th annual Napier-Pollard Reunion will be held on Saturday, September 10 at Perry County Park Senior Citizen Building from ...
Rapture of The Saints
MEETING THE LORD IN THE AIRA great measure of harmony prevails between the pre-trib and post-trib views as to meeting Christ in the air. Both schools ...
Retired Teachers MeetingThere will be a Retired Teachers Meeting at the New Hope Christian Center, Sept. 1 at 1:30 p.m. All retired teachers are urged...
Anti-pipeline Movement Gathers Steam
Thousands of Native Americans at Standing Rock in North Dakota are protesting a pipeline project that puts their water supply at risk, threatens to pl...
Vitally important we act in the best interest of the children
Dear Editor,For the record, I enthusiastically support retired Principal Yvon Allen for the District 3 Perry School Board seat. I served for 21 years ...
Local police are helpful, caring
Dear Editor,I just want to respond to all the bad press the police are getting. Am I the only one who thinks the victims are not innocent? I am sure t...
Overregulation is killing Kentucky jobs
You can’t be a friend of Hillary Clinton and a friend of job creation in Kentucky. Any jobs plan for Kentucky would necessarily include repeal o...
Kentuckians Need to Rally to Lead Nation in Educational Reform Once Again
We have a moral obligation to all of the commonwealth’s students to address the achievement gap and the implications it has on the future of our...